Kameron Hurley's guest post at A Dribble of Ink has generated a lot of buzz on the topic of women in the historical narrative and in speculative fiction.
- Foz Meadows has an excellent response to Hurley's article here.
- Tamora Pierce weighs in here.
- Django Wexler has an excellent piece on women warriors in fantasy.
- This excellent piece tackles hetero romance in YA, and the need for more non-het relationships in dystopian YA.
- Justin Landon of Staffer's Book Review has some interesting thoughts on what constitutes a YA novel in this review.
- Tobias Buckell has some interesting thoughts on damsels in distress in the video game world.
- Blake Charlton's op/ed piece from the New York Times on "Defining My Dyslexia" and a video of the presentation that led to the piece.