Thursday, November 15, 2012

Announcement: Speculative Fiction Writer's 101

What do Ken Scholes, Myke Cole, Stina Leicht, Michael J. Sullivan, Courtney Schafer, Teresa Frohock and J.A. Pitts have in common? They are all taking part in my first series of guest posts; Speculative Fiction Writer's 101.

While debating whether of not to do NaNoWriMo this year. (I've started, but am pretty far behind.) I thought to myself, wouldn't it be cool to have a few of the authors I've interviewed spend a little time talking about the craft of writing, but not in response to an interview question. I envisioned them taking a single aspect of the process of writing a story and sharing their thoughts on it. So I drafted up a list of topics, and set out to see if I could make it happen.

It's taken a little while and I realized that I've left a few topics out.(I'm hoping I can manage to get someone to fill in a few of the more obvious blanks before the series ends) but I am finally pleased to announce that starting tomorrow, I'll be posting a guest post every Friday from one of the generous authors who've agreed to help me out with this little project.

So stay tuned, and tell your friends.

3 comments:

  1. An awesome idea, Matt. Can't wait to see those posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Putting this together has been loads of fun. Hope you enjoy the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! I just read the Theresa Frohock article, and it's excellent. you're tweeting all this stuff. . .right?

    ReplyDelete